Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Melbourne Cup Day 2008

Who had a punt of the Melbourne Cup today???

I didnt....... didnt even watch the race to tell you the truth.... I really dont get into the race that much. Im not much of a "go to the races" kinda person.
I did have a go at it a few times when we were living in Moree. I attended the Picnic Races. They are the kinds that are invitation only by prominant farming/grazing families in that area.
Because my hubby worked in the industry, he was readily "accepted"..... I wasnt!!! I struggled to try to "fit in"... But Im really not the "Plum in the mouth" - "Boarding School", kinda girl... and i couldnt even pretent to be... Hence, i was always in a corner by myself, bored stiff with the whole thing....
I did make "friends" if you can call it that, with a couple of younger ladies, only to be pushed aside when mother or grandmother came on the scene to learn that i wasnt from high society breeding stock and therefore not worth any conversation to them. There were more promient young people to talking to that can do more for them than very common me.....
So, my experience with the whole horse racing thing just wasnt a good one - so i dont do it now....


But My daughter did....
Her school had a Melbourne Cup theme day, complete with formal racing attire (including suits for the men) also, best picnic lunch....
This is how she went to school today....

Isnt she gorgeous!!!

She didnt win Fashion in the Fields... but her group did win Best Picnic.... Complete with three bottles of non alcoholic win for consumption!!!!

I spent the day doing what i love most..... scrapping.... but with a difference... Brenda found the most gorgeous Canvas ideas on someones blog, so she gave them ago and they turned out brilliant. Soi begged and pleaded for her to show me how she did it......

This is my attempt at a self portrait......

Its called - "I'm very receptive to compliments today!"... I loved that idea!!!


My daughter Emelia loved it so much - as i knew she would, she did her own tonight as well. I will upload photos of hers tomorrow....

So, that was my melbourne cup day..... Hope you had a winner.

Thanks for stopping by.. Jodi XX

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow.....fantastic Jode.

Kirsty said...

I love the self portrait! Your daughter looks beautiful too:-)

I completely forgot to watch the race. I had sick kidlets and was happy scrapping;-)

Lisa A said...

Doesn't Amelia Look Stunning, and those portraits WOW

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails