Saturday, May 21, 2011

Keeping It Real!

There has been a bit of discussion in the blog world lately about keeping it real
Not just telling the nice stories,
 but being honest with our readers!

Anyone that has been following my blog for any length 
of time knows that i have been keeping it real since I first started blogging!!
Infact, it was with the help from fellow bloggers
 that i have survived some really difficult phases in my life and my children's lives!
There is no better advice, 
than that from those people that have already been through what you are going through.

A few years ago this was the case with my daughter and i sought help from every avenue i could trying to find what i could do about the situation I found myself in with her.
And it was thanks to some very honest and beautiful woman in the blog world that shared their stories and lives with me that helped me help my daughter through everything!!
To the point where she is happy and successful and leading a very normal life when without their help, it could have been so very very different!!!!

And in my experience, being honest on my blog has helped people to get to know me on a personal level. 
When I meet people for the first time face to face,
we already have a shared history through my blog
and every single person i have met has commented
"Wow, you are just like your blog!"

There is nothing more annoying and misleading than bloggers who present a persona that isn't them and i have met so many of these people over the years!
I might have once respected them from reading their blogs, but then I meet them face to face and they are nothing at all like they present themselves on their blogs!
Why do people do that?
I write like i talk, minus the swearing!!! Hehe
I dont have the best use of grammer, and i do put my foot in my mouth all the time!!
But what you see is what you get!!!

So if you have enjoyed reading about my life on my blog in the past, I hope you continue to enjoy reading it.
This is who I am 100%.
Scary hey!!! 

But on with the show......
I have a few different stories to share today!

First off this boy!!


Old Solo, he is such a pain in the bum!
Anyway, we are growing his mane. Emelia like it platted for shows, 
not that there will be many of them this year
but she does hope to do the Showjumping Festival in June when she comes home for holiday!
Anyway so he is growing his mane.
We like to put the heavier coat on him in Winter
and I dont have the time to take it off of a morning
and put it back on during the night
so it is on all the time!
I went to check him a few days ago and took him rug off to give him a brush
and his mane is in dreadlocks and as i brushed its falling out!!
Oh No! This happened last year and i was thinking it would happen again!
So i thought i would try putting the stocking on under his coat and see if that keeps the coat from rubbing back and forth and pulling his mane out!
So it was on for a day and then i checked him yesterday and i nearly died!!!
He comes out from hiding when i got to his paddock and there are puss stains all down from his eyes!
Then i see that you actually cant see his eyes!
He has rubbed and rubbed and rubbed the mask all over the place and his eyes were covered!!!
He was so feral too! I couldn't catch him at all!
I thought S#@t, he has run around with his eyes covered and stabbed himself!
He shyed away from me and i couldnt catch him at all!
So finally I got his halter from the car and found some yummy black mail food we had left and I finally caught him and was able to get the stocking off him!
He was fine underneath, his eyes had been watering where the seam had rubbed on it!
Obviously it would have been sore, but he allowed me to pat him and everything after i took it off, so we are friends again now!
But talk about scared! I thought Id done something to him and Emelia was going to kill me!!!
So the outcome is that i have taken the heavy rug off and he is just wearing his old body rug without the neck!!

Haha, I just deleted a whole yarn about this!
I think its a little too real!
So i will tell the nice stories instead!

We took Matt out again on Thursday, Yesterday and again to the Markets today!
No easy thing I can tell you!
Pushing this huge thing along the paths, so you think people will get out of the road?? No!
We had to go off the path to go around them!
Honestly people! Get a brain!!
This is so hard to push and you want me to get off the path! You stupid imbosiles!!!
So thats my thought on this!!!


See these guys?
These little birds sit on the end of Matts bed at the hospital!
I walked in the other day and asked how the birds were!
Matt responded with
"The bloody things swarked all night and kept me awake! Hurry up and buy that gun so i can shoot them!!"
Ok??? lol And the funny thing is he is totally serious!!
I have got no idea how his brain is working!!!


These are his dogs and Emu!
Jess is the little one, then we have Roger and Eddie the Emu!
Jess has to go to the Vet to be desexed! Yep! lol


Josh called into the park on his way home from work on Thursday!
He was on his bike, so i thought it would good for Matt to see him and get a look at his bike.
Matt hasn't seen Josh since 2004 I think!
So they talked motorbikes and fixing cars and thing
and Matt reacons they will put a turbo on the Commodore so he can do the drags with the boys!
The Commodore has been gone for maybe 4 or more years!!!
And i dont think Matt will be driving in a while anywhere??


It really is sad to watch that he can be so "normal" during conversation about all things mechanical and such and then talks about what he will do.  There is just no concept of the fact that he is being pushed around in a wheel chair! I try to figure out how his brain is working and deciphering things but just can not understand it!
He knows where he is, but not why he is there. He thinks he can just get up and walk out and we argue about this constantly with him!!
Has anyone else had any experience with this kinda brain injury?? I think we need any help that might be on offer to help us understand how he is thinking so we can offer him the assistance that is going to help him accept things the way they are.


Wish us luck!!

3 comments:

Kerryn said...

Hi Jodi
Just hopping over from CWC. Thanks for sharing your stories :).
Kerryn

Karen said...

Just wanted to leave you a little note Jodi to say thanks for letting us into your real life.. I will be thinking of you.. (cwc)

hugsxx

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can earn money by locking premium areas of your blog / site?
All you need to do is to join AdscendMedia and implement their Content Locking plug-in.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails